Friday 29 July 2016

On. a commission...

One of the coffee morning ladies brought in a folding dining table a few weeks ago which was looking a bit battered and tired and in need of a face lift.


So far I have lightly sanded it and washed it all down with sugar soap. Once dried I then varnished all the legs.


A coat of Polyvine satin decorators varnish was applied to the top as this works as a great sealer.
The top has had 3 coats of Polyvine chalk paint maker mixed with B&Q baby white matt emulsion. I applied it with a mini sponge roller so to get a nice smooth finish.

It will need another coat as its still a little patchy. There is also decoupage detail to add. Once its all done I will reveal all.

I'm now off for a week in Stranraer in Scotland for a week and the first things I packed were a cross stitch kit, colouring book and pens and a crochet hook and a ball of wool, just in case I get bored with long walks and fresh air!

Until next time happy crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment